Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Welcome!

Hello, readers! Welcome to my critical research blog! Here, I intend to make initial responses to the texts I read while researching for my composition theory multimodal project. My goal is to consider the issue of authority in college English classrooms and to consider methods graduate teaching assistants can employ in order to make learning engaging and beneficial to students.

I am reading chapters from In Our Own Voice: Graduate Students Teach Writing as well as other articles. Through these readings, I hope to gain a greater understanding of the power struggle graduate teaching assistants face as they enter one classroom as teacher and another as student.

I hope my responses give you a little insight to the issue. Hopefully, my thoughts will serve as a nice supplement to my final analysis of the issue of authority for graduate TA's and their students!

Until later--
Missy

No comments: